Objective and History
The purpose of this award is to celebrate outstanding Education Abroad students and their photographic works, and to honor Dr. Byron D. Augustin, whose commitment and dedication to Education Abroad has exemplified internationalization of Texas State University.
This award is available thanks to the generosity of Texas State University System Regents' Professor and Texas State University Distinguished Professor Dr. Lawrence Estaville.
Winner will be voted on at the Education Abroad Fair in the fall semester and will be announced in November. The winner will receive The Byron Augustin Study Abroad Photo Certificate Award and a monetary award.
Deadline for submissions: October 1st
Announcement of awards: November
Contest rules and guidelines:
- For every photo to be considered you must submit an Education Abroad Photo Contest Entry Form, located below.
- Photos must have been taken while you were a Texas State student on an approved Education Abroad program during the previous academic year.
- You must provide a short description (up to 100 words) about the Education Abroad learning experience related to each of your photos (this information might be displayed along with the photo if the image is selected).
- Photos must be appropriate for viewing by all ages.
- All photos entered in the contest should adhere to the ethics of cultural sensitivity.
- If recognizable people are portrayed, the subjects must have given the photographer permission or "informed consent" to have the photograph taken. The spirit of the photo contest should be in keeping with the Texas State Education Abroad mission of promoting cross-cultural exchange and global understanding.
- Please save images as: lastname#.jpg (Ex. Doe1.jpg, Doe2.jpg...)
- A maximum of five photos per student may be submitted; color or black-and-white photos will be accepted.
- No more than one prize per student will be awarded.
- All photos selected must be able to be enlarged to 11”x14” with high resolution (300 ppi for printing - cell phone images not suggested). Once the prints are enlarged, if they do not have high resolution, Education Abroad may elect not to display them and they will no longer be eligible for an award. Education Abroad will cover the cost of enlarging the images. The enlarged prints will be property of the Texas State Education Abroad.
- All photos and related information may be reproduced or displayed by Texas State University.
- Originality counts!
*If employed at Texas State, appropriate taxes will be deducted from the award.
Attach at least one photo to be considered for the contest.
You must provide a short description (up to 100 words) about the study abroad learning experience related to each of your photos (this information might be displayed along with the photo if the image is selected)